10 July, 2008

In some hurry this morning, because I am going to the location of Vincent Van Gogh’s final days, Auvers-sur-Oise, which I believe is a village outside Paris.

Yesterday I went to visit the Centre Pompidou. I visited the temporary architecture exhibition by Dominique Perrault, and then proceeded to look at the museum’s permanent collection of modern art. The architecture was very educational, and I especially loved the vivid display of process – study models, sketches, and concept drawings – as well as in-depth explanation in both French and English.

The museum of modern art was also a great delight, and once again I found myself wishing I had more time (I spent over four hours there). The new batteries I had bought in the morning immediately ran out, which was unfortunate, but it did give me a chance to give the artwork my full attention. Today, therefore, I am not taking a camera with me at all.

Later yesterday I met with Stèphanie, who I had worked with in New York a year-and-a-half ago, and we had Coke in Paris’s most expensive district, near where she works. Gregoire, who also used to work with us, and who lives in Aix-en-Provence, is coming to Paris this week-end and we’re going to see the parade at Champs Elysée on Monday.

No comments: