15 July, 2008

I went with some friends I met here to watch the grand concert and fireworks for Bastille Day here in Paris at the Champs de Mars, next to the Eiffel Tower. The place was packed with people, and afterwards it took us a long time to get home.

James Blunt sang songs that were happy which of course didn't suit him. I did discover Christophe though!

I listened to a song by Raphael, “Adieu Haïti,” and it brought stark realization that tomorrow I will be bidding adieu to Paris. And soon to Delhi and then Karachi and then Princeton, and to the people I knew in those places.

This feeling of nostalgia is so strong that it aches physically. And yet I move ahead, thinking of all the good things and how their beauty lies in their transience.

Pictures from Bastille Day concert can be found on Flickr by clicking here.

No comments: